Without the need for travel, or waiting in an office to see a health care provider, digital health innovations are providing modern conveniences and saving Canadians time.
Here are some examples:
- Book an appointment – Schedule an appointment online to see a health care provider.
- Renew/refill a prescription – Request a medical renewal or refill electronically that is sent directly to your local pharmacy.
- View test results – With online patient portals, you can view your health information – like lab results.
- Consult with a health care provider – Use secure messaging and e-visits to consult with a health care provider from your home, or your office.
- Have your health monitored virtually – Receive remote patient care in your home, for conditions such congestive heart failure, in order to enjoy a better quality of life and reduce the number of visits to the hospital.
- Telehealth — Patients in remote and rural communities can gain access to specialists and avoid travel through videoconferencing and other technologies.
Talk to your health care provider about what options are available for you.
Think Digital Health isn’t Making a Difference? Think Again.
The convenience of digital health, that’s saving you time