We’re proud that Digital Health Week 2016 events – the Digital Health Week Forum and 2016 Infoway Partnership Conference -- were Patients Included.
This means that we are “committed to incorporating the experience of patients as experts in living with their condition while ensuring that they are neither excluded nor exploited.” For more information on Patients Included, visit their website.
A Patients Included status signifies that the event has satisfied all five criteria as identified in the Patients Included charter.
1. Patients or caregivers with experience relevant to the conference’s central theme actively participate in the design and planning of the event, including the selection of themes, topics and speakers.
- Patient advisors are working with Canada Health Infoway (Infoway) to design Digital Health Week events, including the forum and components of the Partnership Conference.
2. Patients or caregivers with experience of the issues addressed by the event participate in its delivery, and appear in its physical audience.
- Patients and caregivers are speaking at a number of sessions.
- Also see criteria #3 and #5 as ways we are ensuring patient and caregiver participation in event audiences.
3. Travel and accommodation expenses for patients or carers participating in the advertised programme are paid in full, in advance. Scholarships are provided by the conference organisers to allow patients or carers affected by the relevant issues to attend as delegates.
- Patients invited to speak in sessions will have registration, travel and accommodation expenses paid in full, in advance.
- The Engaged Patient Challenge under Canada Health Infoway’s ImagineNation Challenges will award full conference registration and expenses paid for up to five patients, caregivers or family members to attend Partnership Conference 2016.
- In addition to the scholarship awards, the Partnership Conference offers a number of ways to help delegates kept costs low. For example, early bird registration rates, discounted airfare and hotel room rates have been secured for participants. Find out more about cost-saving benefits.
4. The disability requirements of participants are accommodated. All applicable sessions, breakouts, ancillary meetings, and other programme elements are open to patient delegates.
- The Digital Health Week Forum and Partnership Conference are being held at the Delta Hotel Toronto, which states that it meets all local and provincial accessibility requirements. For more details about the hotel, visit their website.
- All Digital Health Week Forum and Partnership Conference sessions are open to all patient delegates.
5. Access for virtual participants is facilitated, with free streaming video provided online wherever possible.
- The Digital Health Week Forum event for patients and caregivers will take place on Tuesday, November 15 from 1-3 p.m. ET. The event will be live streamed with a virtual conversation component, and a video archive will be available post-event.
- Videos from the Partnership Conference plenary presentations will be uploaded to YouTube following the event.
- The Twitter hashtags #partnerconf and #ThinkDigitalHealth will be actively promoted prior to and during the events so that participants, as well as those unable to attend the events, can join the conversation to discuss presentations, key learnings, etc..
- Digital Health Week will obtain as many presentations from speakers as possible and host them on our website www.betterhealthtogether.ca for free viewing and downloading post-events.
If you have any questions, please contact us.